View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I have used census lists in the past to research family genealogy, and was grateful it was available.

I understand why they have a census, but during the last census I was working out of town and had a huge problem with them.

I have no problem giving info on whether I have a job, what I do, a general figure as to how much I make, how many people live here, etc BUT:

I got hit with the long form of the census, mailed to me since I wasn't home when they came. It was page after page after page of intrusive questions. It was waaaaaaaaaay more info than I was willing to give. I avoided the guy who came back at least ten times, as if he had the plague or swine flu. I didn't answer the huge questionnaire.

I waited until I was at work at my second job out of town and a guy came by and I reported the minimal info. They gave up after I told them I already answered the other guy.

I have no problem with the short form but I am NOT giving them any of the extra info that they asked for. It's none of their freakin' business and I don't care what they threaten me with.

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (09-16-2009), Dejibo (09-15-2009), Lady (09-15-2009)