View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 08:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome saffie and laureen

Hello to both of you, and sorry you had cause to find your way here to this forum. There are lots of caring, thoughtful folks here so just keep checking in and I'm sure someone will come along soon to offer more support.

I have been dealing with TN pain for about 8 years and was diagnosed about two years ago. I am one of the lucky ones (so far) that my episodes are still very sporadic and I do not have to take the medication on a regular basis. I take only 200 - 400 mg tegretol when I have an episode. I have Atypical TN where as i don't have the electrical shocks, but just a constant hot boring pain centered in my right ear and the immediate area surrounding the ear, with intermittent ice pick stabs at 30 sec. intervals. This in itself sounds horrible to those who are not familiar with TN - but to the rest of you I've got it made. My best pain relief comes from applying heat to the side of my head, but to some this may make things worse. If you have read some of the other posts here you will see that there are others that use heat as well.

There are a few success stories in here regarding surgeries that have went very well. If you have not read the "stickies" at the top of the first page of posts, you may want to do that there is a lot of helpful information there to help you.

Sorry that I am not more help, but don't give up, and do know that there are others who care and are sending you positive thoughts and pain free wishes.

Good Luck!
Rhonda
Bassetcase is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote