View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 12:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANCY W. View Post
Good morning. I am brand new to neurotalk. I have the anti-mag syndrome and am trying to work my way around this site to get and share into. Are you still posting? Will appreciate hearing from you. Nancy W.
I'm another one with anti-MAG neuropathy - diagnosed 7 years ago. Was on IVIg initially with good results. After about 4 years, it didn't seem to be helping with the symptoms any longer. I have trouble walking for very long, especially in hot weather. My feet just burn and feel terrible. Thus, I don't walk as much as I used to. My balance is poor - I really need to think about what I'm doing or I loose my balance and fall. No more running around in a hurry. I just started seeing a new neurologist in Seattle (Virginia Mason Hospital) and need to decide what kind of treatment to start. I would like to try the Rituxan, but my insurance isn't keen on paying for it. I am 54 years old and worry about what my future holds. I had an uncle die of Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia - so I worry about that as well. Would love to have some dialogue with others who have anti-MAG neuropathy as I feel alone.
NancyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote