View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 05:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Claire,

Thanks for being so open. You sound like such a down to earth solid person. Who else could say that suicidal thoughts were "annoying". I was definitely depressed during my worst years, although that seemed secondary to the fact that I was having a hard time instructing my body to fold the laundry or walk across the room. Like you, I never went on antidepressants. I had this strong feeling that I would never get my "balance" back if I went on drugs. I really just wanted my body to work like it used to. Fortunately, those days are long gone. I feel unbelievably great mentally now.

I really think that double DQ1 is a bad combination. I am DQ1 DQ2 and I attribute my worst symptoms to the DQ1. My nephew who is double DQ1 seems to have a double dose of my worst symptoms. I find it interesting that many people tie the aspergers issues to DQ1 as well. I wonder if that analysis has ever been done?

I think you will be amazed at how much more you will improve over the next couple years. I had no idea how debilitated I had become. It was so slow and insidious.

Grace
graceperson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote