Thread: Suggestions??
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 01:20 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I havent really been crocheting and knitting that much lately. Havent felt all that great. Before my hand went numb, I started a really easy crochet poncho, that I got a good bit done on before the numbness hit...now I cant even get thru an entire round of the pattern before my hand starts to hurt more.

I just tried knitting on a simple garter stitch scarf...it's only 30 stitches wide. I got about halfway thru one row before my hand started to hurt. Usually I can deal with numbness, but this is seriously screwing around with my favorite hobby.

I tried some neurontin today, to see if that would help the itching arm-on-fire sensations, but didnt notice anything helping it. Took some ibuprofen, didnt help much.

I even tried some capsaicin ointment on the burning spots...that actually seemed to help a little bit.

I'm just getting tired of the MS screwing around with me this summer. I'm still waiting to see what the "remitting" part of the Relapsing Remitting MS is like. Right now it's more like Relapsing Repeatedly MS.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (09-16-2009)