View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sometimes, you just have to stand strong, and let them think what they will. Some of us look healthy, even my own PCP always tells me I look great, and will live another 50 years. Sunday night, I tripped going up my steps..thankfully the wall stopped me from falling. My symptoms are not that noticable to others, but to me, I know they are there. The reason I tripped, I don't always pick my feet up as high as I think I am. I walk nearly every night, some nights the drop foot is very noticable to me, or sometimes, that same foot seems to drag...probably because once again, I am not picking it up like I think I am.

I have conquered most of my balance problems, yet standing close to someone, seems to throw my balance completely off, and I tip. Often times it feels like someone ripped the rug out from under me...yet, most people don't notice this either.

Then there are the little aches and pains that crop up at any time, in any area.

You explain the best you can, and leave it at that.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dahlek (09-16-2009)