View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 07:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Alkymst,

Welcome. I hope you find help here, and then pass on what you learn and what helps you.

If I had to pick one thing that was and is most effective in my multiprong approach, it's the Rebuilder ( www.rebuildermedical.com ), which has worked like a miracle for me and many others in this and the old BrainTalk forum. If you get it, follow instructions, especially don't set the stimulation too high. I used it twice a day for two weeks, then once a day. Now I use it once or twice a week. It reduces all pain and numbness, but especially the excruciating "electric shock" type pains.

If you google "peripheral neuropathy electric stimulation" ( http://www.google.com/search?q=perip...en-US:official ) you'll find a lot on the subject. My unit has been in use for about 8 years now. It takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. A TENS unit or Interferance unit might work just as well, I couldn't say. Mainly, people have used the Rebuilder. The old precrash BrainTalk board had many, many postings on the subject.

Familiarize yourself with the "Sticky: Important Links/stickies" for many more ideas. There are no magic pills for this. You're on the start of a long journey of discovery. The "Sticky" section is the best place to start. First browse the titles across all pages, and then start reading the most applicable postings.

I should mention that what, if anything, helps may depend on correcting the cause of your neuropathy. For example, if you're alcoholic and have resulting peripheral artery disease causing the neuropathy, you wouldn't get much relief until and unless you stop drinking. The more you let us know regarding what, if any, testing you've had, and specific results and diagnoses, the better our feedback to you will be. Also, any other significant factor like smoking, obesity, HIV, hypothyrodism, drugs you are taking besides the ones you mentioned, drugs you took before the onset of your neuropathy (many drugs can cause neuropathy), etc, can help us point out areas for you to explore. We have a lot of expertise here, including professional, but we need to know a lot more about you.

Last edited by Wing42; 01-06-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Wing42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote