View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macophile View Post
As far as I know the Vit. D3 1000IU is the correct dose- it's the one my Dr. told me to take- it is interesting you mention the gel caps though, I thought about taken them instead but chose the tablets as they seemed more "common". But I will try the gel caps next time and see if this shows any results.

I don't know if anyone has read some of my previous posts, but I had a previous incident with Tramadol, once when I couldn't get a response from my previous pain clinic Dr for about 3-4 weeks, and my pain kept increasing I stupidly tried upping my Tramadol dose on my own- by 1/4 a pill at a time (I was on 2 at a time so I was taking 2.25 then 2.5, then 3 then 3.25 then 3.5 which is where I stopped) And I called and left a message for my Pain Dr. telling him I was doing this- as a last resort, as I couldn't take it anymore (I was so bad I couldn't stand on my feet really) - and He never called me back. I, of course, ran out of pills and the pharmacy wouldn't refill, the pain clinic wouldn't return my calls so I called my PCP and told them. They made me go to the ER where they did nothing as the Pain Dr. was from a dif. hospital. But the end result was I had to go off them cold turkey (so I went through withdrawal) and they wouldn't prescribe any more. So I think I am kind of stuck w/ no pain killers.

I probably should have mentioned that I am also on:
1) Amitriptyline- 10mg tablet (6 at night)
2) Topamax- 100mg tablet (1 at night)
3) Magnesium- 500mg (1 at night)
Although these are for migraines they say they could also help the PN and other issues.

As for the Lidoderm Patches, I do have those, but I can never figure out how to put them to get relief- I tried putting them on the places where the pain is, but no go- where do you put yours that seems to help?
and i would bet no one told you of the antidepressant potential of the ultram, which makes the coming off that much really fun, not......yeah that level of vit D supp is way low....especially up here in new england....if you are carrying extra wt in fat, you may need more as well. The lido patches, try looking for dermatomes and match the nerve to the dermatome and put the patch over the nerve at some point between the end point and the spine, good luck
pabb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Macophile (09-16-2009)