Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 08:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm soooo sorry!

[QUOTE=allentgamer;56643]
Does the doctor I was seeing, have a responsibility to make sure that I wont suffer withdrawls, or harm from the decision to terminate our relationship? Shouldnt that doctor have made sure I was off the drug, or help find another willing to continue the same treatments, or at least give me time to find another doctor willing to continue the same kind of pain treatments?

Allen,

I'm sorry you're having to go through this! What your doc did doesn't sound right at all. I went through a similar situation with a doctor who didn't believe that I was having a severe reaction to Flexerill. He said I was possibly a hypochondriac...and dropped me... after I called the lab that makes Flexerill and one of their doctors called him and scolded him. I was starting severe withdrawals. But fortunately my PM doctor said they would "walk me through" the withdrawals, etc.

Was this a PM doctor that dropped you? I live in the Palm Springs area & my PM was fantastic! Are you anywhere near Palm Springs? His name is Dr. Roland Reinhart in Rancho Mirage.

Good luck to you!

Denise
Denise G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote