View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 10:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiesfear View Post
My name is Angie! I am not sure how to reply on this site so i hope this works! I also have all of the symptoms you have discussed! What you are experiencing are exertional head aches! Without the decompression surgery I am guessing it wont get better only worse! That was exactly what happend to me anyway! I also thought I had a tumor! How scary! The decompression surgery extremely helped the exerional head aches! They completely dissapeared! I do have problems with liquids and choking!!! You are not alone and I wish for you the best of luck! Please research your surgeon! Make sure he has done MANY decompressions!!! I wish you well! Sincerely Angie
Hi Angie. I appreciate your response. My surgery is actually scheduled 1 week from today, on Sept 23, 2009. I had my pre-op stuff yesterday (bloodwork, EKG, etc). I'm very nervous, but your sharing about your exertion headaches going away is VERY comforting. My biggest fear with this is that I'll end up worse off than when I started.

Fortunately, both neurosurgeons I saw were very knowledgeable in Chiari Malformations, and I went with the one that I felt the most comfortable with.

Thanks for sharing. 1 week to go! *crossing fingers

- Kip
skiltrip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote