View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 05:10 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Yeah - we do the hummingbird thing. The feeder's a riot when ya get a group of 8 to 10 of them in their travels north or south. There's always a dominant one that nosedives the others at the feeder and "runs" them off.

They're a real pain when they get in the garage. They can't get out. I leave one of the garage doors open typically when we're home. When one gets "stuck" in the garage, I start by moving the (red) Blazer out of the garage. If that don't work after a couple hours - I try swatting it with a broom to get 'em out.

We have a squirrel feeder too! Several of them. They're called Pecan trees...

Peach trees, pear trees, tomato plants - all bird feeders here. We actually got peaches one year - I hung a bunch of painted styrofoam balls on the tree. The birds gave gave up before the real peaches arrived. Ya gotta "teach" them every spring.

Don't scream animal cruelty however. These big ole' black birds (greckos or something) can carry off your cat...

We got wild pig feeders too. They're called grubs and live just under your grass and flower beds. You should see what a pack of wild pigs can do to a yard. The first time it happened I called the police - I thought a neighbor had taken a tiller to our yard.

Oh well, in Miami it was alligators, land crabs, wild monkies, and wild parrots.

In Michigan - deer (= smashed front end of the car),mosquitos, mosquitos, and more mosquitos.

Boy, did I get off track.

Tom
freeinhou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (09-16-2009), braingonebad (09-26-2009), Kitty (09-16-2009), Koala77 (09-18-2009), mrsD (09-16-2009), SallyC (09-17-2009)