Thread: Fava Beans
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 05:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Fava Beans

Thank you rose for your comments. Someone had mentioned the pill with favas to my friend, but she had not tried it yet, because we had our own favas right now....but are looking for other means of supplement in the event that we run out (if fall planted favas do not mature before the weather gets too cool for bean production. We are looking for ways to use the leaves also ,if anyone has any ideas for that form of dopamine. We are in contact with Ken Allan and he has been a great resource from afar. Friend had a good day today...I stay with her Tuesday night thru Saturday morning & then go home to my dad over the weekend His 84th birthday is Saturday..he does really well & is my very best friend. Have a great evening Sandra PS I attended my first parkinson's support group last night & was encouraged by the people attending and the need for a support system...I feel they try to be there for each other. I started a journel last night too, when I couldn't fall asleep to track my symptoms/ foods consumed /how I feel/ how my face is (me or not me in the mirror) & if I had to take a mucuna cookie...if it helped / etc Mucuna seems to be enough extra dopamine to keep me going if I am low for some reason....now I just have to figure out the reason I get too low...it's a puzzel I hope to solve with my journel Aunt Bean
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote