Thread: MS reminders
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have had those events. I worked as a paramedic for decades! I know every ambulance style, and compartment layout like I know my childs name when he mis behaves. I can tell you where to find exactly what I am looking for and which compartment, and left or right...At a not so big emergency, I send my runner who was new to the rig to get O2. not some obsure thing, for crying out loud it was O2! he said..."where is that located on your rig?" I drew a complete blank. I couldnt for the life of me remember where the O2 is kept on an ambulance! I did have sense enough to tag another runner on the scene, and asked him to show the new guy where the stuff lives on the rig. It scared the snot out of me! Folks lives are in my hands, and I cant remember where the O2 is??!

Sometimes we can get so stressed, and so head down, and into the wind that we zip by our projects, and tasks, and we look up and we were in remote control.

At least you had your work finished. It would be stinky to show up and find that you never did it to start with. Much easier to find its complete.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gonnamakeit (09-16-2009), Kitty (09-16-2009), SallyC (09-17-2009)