View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 08:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Enjoy Life

Annie, what a great idea...reading everyones thoughts made me feel good and I smiled. Having something to enjoy is so important…here are some of my thoughts.

Things I miss: Live music of any kind, I love love love music. Staying up really late reading or writing, my eyes won't do it anymore even if I have the energy to stay awake (those late hours are wonderful for creativity and the unconscious mind). Going on all day hikes in the hottest weather, it is only me and nature and nothing is better than nature for me. I miss loud music that makes me want to dance and sing (now it makes me feel sad that I can't do these things so I listen to calmer music). Volunteering (maybe I will do this again).

Things I like to do now with MG: Looking at flowers, taking photos of flowers, drawing abstract versions of flowers (I have a link to a preview of my “published book" and some of my photos…I will put the links at the end of my message if anyone is interested in looking), talking about plants and teaching people about plants…, writing, working, playing computer games with my kids (we play runescape at runescape.com), Boston Legal and NCIS on TV), I love to read and learn. I love watching the sunrise and the sunset too, those special times when all the world is golden. I enjoy all the little things in life, a hug or a smile from my kids or husband, a pretty flower/bird/insect/etc (all living things seem to have something to say so I listen to them), dreams…so much more but out of energy to continue typing.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and ideas, please keep going. The sharing is great. I am new here and this place is great!

Some of my favorite things are here:
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/637539
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flower_of_the_desert/

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (09-16-2009), Pat 110 (09-17-2009)