View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 09:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Welcome Brittany..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpoolgurl View Post
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words- it really helps to uplift me, knowing I am not alone.

Yes, I spent a good part of the morning playing around with my signature and figuring out how it worked Knowing me, I won't be able to keep one graphic or picture for too long!

Mary, I completely understand how you feel. I got in a horrible car accident back in April, where I totalled my car and had to be taken to the ER. Luckily, no one (including me) was hurt, but after that, my family decided that while on the opiates, I should not be driving. So I have not driven since April, and rely on others for transportation. I think that has been the hardest thing, for me- losing my independence. I was a student at the local university; now I can't go back because not only can I not drive, but the meds have wiped my short term (and some long term) memory. I rely on others for rides to anywhere I need to be. I am only 23! I am having a really hard time accepting that I need help from others especially at my church from the older members, when it should be me helping them out. I cannot work now, so I spend time at home all day while my fiance works.

It's also been really hard on me because it shows you who is there for you and who isn't. I have lost friends over this, my family is not as supportive as you would think a family should be (that's the reason I live with my fiance- he can care for me better than my mother could, because she's "too busy with work, and can't take time off". Her words)...it's just affected every part of my life, every aspect.

I know I probably have some clinical depression, but since I have no way of getting to therapy appts during the day, and my dr doesn't do evenings, well, there goes that. We tried to set up rides for me, and it never worked out.

It's just such a long journey...
It is so nice to have you on board with us..As you have read..this is a very support "family" networking out to help eachother.. We are tied with our RSD, sharing and really finding many likeness in our illness.. I say it again..RSD is a 4 headed animal.. it is relentless. I have been suffering 2+ years, cold turkey as my body won't allow any help from pain meds, they make me ill... I only take Ambient, which I recently began for sleep.

My biggest concern for you is waiting too long fro your SCS, I understand, it's out of your control, but as time passes it can be difficult to receive positive results for the SCS to help you due to the progression of RSD. Again, I am sorry as it seems this has definately been an uphill battle for you... I hope it helps you to know you are not alone in this relentless fight.. Stay hopeful and never ever give up!! Thats the last thing we can do!!
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote