Thread: Ice and RSD
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 10:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Would like to add...

Hey all - I'm new here - Will post a little about myself when I find the right area to do that...

Hubby was first diagnosed with RSD in 1995 - At that time little was out there and available for research though I combed through anything and everything I could find.

They did try for a VERY short time ice therapy on my husband - It nearly sent him through the roof and didnt work at all.

One of the best treatments he received was hot tub / spa therapy - THAT worked wonders!! Not a miracle cure by no means but left him from a few hours to a few days with some relief.

I would say NO to ice therapy - This is also known as: cryotherapy - Not only because of personal experience but According to Dr Hooshmand ice can cause (permenant) nerve ending damage. (the nerves that are just below skin level) The thought of MORE damage is enough to keep us away from trying it again.

Have you heard of Dr Hooshmand? There are incredible articles, pictures of what ice can do to you, medication information, therapies etc on his site. He has researched RSD for years. Just in case you dont have it - or someone else needs it - I've added the link at the bottom of this post.

HubbyWithRSD

http://www.rsdrx.com/
HubbyWithRSD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote