View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Methadone may work; as may oxycodone generic, or a mix of valium and oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
I have been on a myriad of pain meds after breaking my neck in an accident which amongst other things caused severe TBI. I am in constant pain and need some help from my fellow folks who've suffered the same thing.

I was on Fentanyl for 2 years until it just stopped working. Now, my doc, who's a surgeon & is well respected for dealing with such trauma. My med list includes the following

Fentanyl 2 years, Oxycontin (which, in my opinion is worthless), Dialaudid (works great but VERY short acting), and a host of other meds which I can't remember now.

The only thing I have not tried is Morphine. I understand the pills are basically worthless & the way to go is the pump. Any feedback on this would be great!!!

Can I get some advice on that. I don't want to go into my surgeons office demanding meds. He think I'm just trying to get one over on him and will loose all respect for me.

How do you all suggest I deal with it? What is next after Oxycontin & Fentanyl?

Thanks for your help

Joe
Im suprised oxycontin didnt work. You need to have the correct dose, which in my opinion would be around 40 mg every 8hrs.
Methadone may work; as may oxycodone generic, or a mix of valium and oxycodone to address the pain and the muscle spasms all at once.
Go to a new MD because MD's dont change their minds once they say something. Thats my experience. Also you must be SO careful so these meds dont take over your life ie addiction. Good luck .
millerdr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote