View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 10:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wing42 - thanks

Thanks for such a prompt and detailed reply!! I'm sorry that you've had neuropathy for so long. I've read about the Rebuilder and will look into it. I'll try to answer your questions.
I really don't drink but this bloody condition gives me pause to reflect about starting a long term relationship w/ Jack Daniels.
As for tests, I've had every conceivable blood test which ruled out hereditary and chemical causes, although I am a process chemist and have had chronic exposure for >30yrs. HIV, Lyme's disease, CIDP, Sjogren's syndrome, heavy metals, vitamin deficiencies, amyloidosis, cancer, and meds have all been eliminated too. I've been through NCV's and EMG's twice each of which show a mild, mixed but painful sensorimotor neuropothy, predominately small fiber.
I am prediabetic and overweight but I'm working on that now - although it's difficult when every step causes pain. I forgot to include that the tendons and muscles in my feet and toes have shortened to give me hammertoes, claw toes and the big toes are being pulled out of alignment. I take synthroid (>10yr) for Hasimoto's thyroiditis, and micardis for HTN, controlled for many years and an aspirin/day, ~25yrs.
I stopped smoking 30 yr ago - an MI in graduate school will do that to you. That's a pretty concise description of where I am right now.
Thanks again for your reply.
Alkymst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote