View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 06:42 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterMyNap View Post
Dude! It's the pump out! Call them and have them come back to reseal and double check everything.

Either that or you changed your dog/cat's brand of food.
My DH does keep asking if it could be the dog, She does have "issues" since she will eat non-food items

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZjanie View Post
When I saw "rotten egg smell" I just thought my ex-husband was at your house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Do you have natural gas ? maybe a leak??

If you can narrow it down to a room or area where it is strongest that should give a clue.

Did the septic guys do anything with the clean out pipe? {a spare pipe that usually has a cap and also along length that the sewer gasses can go up and out of the house - usually near a bathroom outer wall or under house.}
We have talked about it being a natural gas leak but DH doubts it, although I may call the gas company and talk to them. Does natural gas leaks and the smell travel, leaving the original area free of the smell?

As far as the septic: We do not have city sewer. The septic tank is underground in concrete.

To have it pumped: dig up the two tank lids, pump guy vaccums out tanks, puts lids back on and cover up with dirt. He never messes with any pipes or comes in the house, it's really a very simple and quick process. DH was outside talking to him so we know the lids are on correctly.

The smell started at the front of the house (septic is in the back). The smell "travels" from where we first noticed it, that area no longer has the smell. The smell is not throughout the house but again, it travels.

Any thoughts about dead animals that could cause that smell?

We live on two acres. We have quite a bit of wildlife - rabbits, mice, some type of gopher, snakes, deer, skunk (does not smell like a dead skunk) and fox.

It's odd, I can get a faint smell when the central air conditioning is on but notice it more when we shut off the air and open windows, but if we go outside we don't smell anything
AfterMyNap (09-17-2009)