View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bob,
Nice article, I have retained a few real friends, but over all have quit being active in the American Legion, Masons (still pay dues) and yearly civic activities.I feel better being somewhat withdrawn as it gives me more time to tinker around the shop and cut, split wood (5 cords this year) driving thru the woods on the 1950 ford 8N and being close to nature. My youngest brother lives close and just retired and its a joy helping him to adjust. U-Tube is a great benefit as I'm always experimenting with projects, making hydrogen generator, a wood gasifier this winter, solar experiments,etc. The wife has adjusted to her work career being closed down and we have a 2 year old grand niece we baby sit( she rather stay here most of the time) she has been a godsend to us. So all in all I'm pretty well off spiritually and financially. Being able to visit this forum and associate with you fine folks is another godsend and I have become very attached to you all. The flareups and not being able to keep up with my grandniece are the basic negatives. Will end here, God Bless you all
Lanny
stagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Silverlady (11-05-2009)