View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
I have hashimoto's thyroiditis. I am a 20 year old male.

The main symptoms i experience are chronic fatigue, muscle weakness, tingling in the arms, legs, stomach. Poor appetite, edema of legs, cold hands and feeling unusually cold at times.

I am using a slow release T3 medication only. I found with T4 it made me put on weight FAST! so i dropped it. Armour Thyroid also didn't work so well, The T3 seems to be working the best out of the three.

I am wondering What do other people on this board with hashimoto's experience?

My symptoms are pretty similar. Although I also have a chronic viral infection that contributes to my fatigue and pain. You might also want to look into adrenal fatigue.

I just recently tried the slow release t3 and it did not agree with me. Right now I am using a combo t4 (levoxyl) and T3 (cytomel). Better than just the T4 alone.

The problem with T4 only is that your body may not convert well and if it does not it creates Reverse T3 which can block t3 receptors from getting the real t3 into the cells.

Your body needs good levels of cortisol and ferritin to make sure that it can transport the T3 into the cells.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote