View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 10:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I, too, was diagnosed in 2001 after a year of ET. I found BrainTalk in about 1999 before officially becoming a PwP but after I knew it was true. I lurked for a long time, feeling that I had no information to share. I felt my ignorance and lack of experience made any contribution I might make invalid. Then there was a big dust up and people I had come to depend on for their comfort and advice threatened to leave the group. I was terrified of losing these anonymous mentors and posted as much. The responses were heartening and encouraging and made me give up lurking and begin contributing. I still don't know anyone who has PD with the exception of those I have met online. I never went to support groups, initially because I was afraid of looking at my future in the face, but later because I really don't play well with others.

When MGH shut down I dropped out of the community. Other life events intruded and I stayed away for several years. I have only just come back and only just realized how evey much I have missed this touchstone. I encourage you silent ones out there to come in and share the warmth. There are no dumb questions, no unwarranted feelings, no unshared fears. Post, opine, question or just send an encouragement to someone else. You will become addicted (great another thing to deal with) I promise.

Pam (who loves being a junior member)(makes me feel like a kid)
pkell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-18-2009), Hockey (09-17-2009), lindylanka (09-18-2009), paula_w (09-17-2009), violet green (09-17-2009)