View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 12:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by semilesh View Post
Skiltrip,
I hope everything is working out ok for you. I have symptoms similar to yours if not just a little more severe becuase I have started showing signs of nerve damage but I am having the exact opposite reaction from my doctors. They think that I need to do everything in my power to avoid surgery and it should be used as a last resort. I know that surgery (especially brain surgery) is major is isn't something to take lightly but I would like someone to even consider it a possibility because it is the only cure. Like you said, some symptoms might not improve like the headaches and the pain because there is no way to prove that they are connected to the chiari but at least the nerve damage would stop progressing (or in your case, wouldn't have a chance to start! WOO HOO). Please let us know how things turn out for you. I have another appt sched for Oct 1st to discuss surgery again but we'll see if anything changes. I hope everything works out for you! Thanks

-Sarah
Sarah, Here's hoping your doctors wise up and get you on the right track. Both neurosurgeons I saw (totally unconnected to each other) both gave me the exact same reaction and opinion on it, that surgery was the only option, and shouldn't be put off for longer than a few months.

Your post is encouraging. I haven't thought much about symptoms I could possibly end up with if I DIDN'T do the surgery. I have only been thinking about what my symptoms are, and how they are mild compared to a lot of people's stories.

6 days and counting. And good luck to you in your future doctor visits.

kip
skiltrip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote