Old 09-17-2009, 01:56 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default i believe i've been delinquent on this assignment

1. falling
  2. social isolation, people staring
  3. interpreted as being old and/ or drunk - when age came up, and my grandson discovered i was the same age as his other grandmother, he got a look of surprise on his face. he asked again, puzzled. of course for age 6 i thought that was pretty good thinking...lol
  4. being off with peripheral weakness in lower legs and dystonia
  5. sinemet cognitive side effects impulse dyscontrol, rambling communication, distraction and lack of focus and clarity,
  6. fatigue, lack of energy
  7. apathy, detachment, dullness of emotion
  8. laying awake at night
  9. no appetite, weight loss, problems meeting nutritional requirments or physical penalties for eating too much too early
  10. its' toll on the family and life in general....it creates a "chain of pain", destroys families, turns marriage into a job for the carepartner and can lower your income and lifestyle.
thanks, pam

another suggestions if someone wants to start it, was done many years ago and got some chuckles; it's amusing if you have pd or are involved. i haven't found it yet in old forum posts and if anyone does find it please send. i'll leave it up to someone who is from the book forum working on the section it might be relevant to -to make the decision and start the thread. as always don't feel obligated and woudn't put a number to this one.lol

edited to add: what a perfect example of my poor focus and memory, carelessness, you name it...as usual... it's what the h*** am i talkng about , are some key words missing?

Here it is:

What excuses did you use for symptoms when you were hiding your PD?

Maybe Pres. Clinton could use a thread like this, altho if his tremor is bilateral, that would make my suspicons of pd not as strong. If he does have it, he needs a bit of help here. And I say this with understanding from the accumulation of many frequent fibber miles for many years. I know Mike Fox knows a thing or two about having to physically hide.'' He had lyme disease,- an undeniably useful and true excuse. Of course so is a bad shoulder, but at some point you have to explain the foot drag. We could add this one to the section about career loss and when to quit.

ok back to pam's request , keeping in mind what researchers need to solve. we could look for patterns of whether motor or cognitive prevail as hated the most and fixing which one would help the other more?

p

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 09-17-2009 at 03:59 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pkell (09-18-2009)