View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome

Hi Alkymst--Welcome to our club. We're a good group here, with people who have amassed an awful lot of good information. It seems you've had a great work-up at Hopkins, and know what your risk factors are. But you could always check through the stickies and familiarize yourself with the basic body of knowledge.

The most important thing to remember, I believe, is that peripheral nerves regenerate if they are put into a more healthy environment than the one that injured them. That means good nutrition, exercise, supplements which aid neuronal growth and decrease inflammatory damage. Several of us here, including me, are way way better than we were at the time we were diagnosed.

I've put together a website which helps track all the tests we've had, and figure out if anything is missing from our workup. It's at www.lizajane.org.

Wings has posted incredibly helpful stuff on diet, supplements and, I think, exercise.

I think you'll find a lot of support here for helping yourself get healthier and undo the damage that has been done.

Good luck.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote