View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Maybe this will help

I have been combing the internet for all the information I could find about Fibromyalgia. My wife was diagnosed 3 years ago and her condition has gotten steadily worse. I came across a book called "The Textbook of Bioidentical Hormones" that I found very interesting. There have been studies that have shown hormaonal abnormalities in Fibromyalgia patients, but most doctors do not pursue this angle in their treatment protocols. Anyhow, the book was great and I found that the doctor who wrote it has his own website. *edit* His name is Dr. Edward Lichten from Birmingham, MI. His approach to the illness is nutritional as well as dealing with the hormonal problems. I had my wife do some of the blood tests that are recommended on his website and found that may of the abnormailites he spoke of in the book my wife had. Our next step is to go to see him to start his treatment. This is going to be a huge undertaking for my wife as sick as she is, but we fell this is her best chance to find relief. I hope you take the time to look over this information and decide for yourself. I hope you find the relief you are looking for.

Last edited by Koala77; 09-17-2009 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Web link removed as per NT guidelines.
george208 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote