View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 01:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Late night thoughts.

Fascinating, the idea of shared memory, of recalling ealier lives, of digging up forgotten events through hypnosis. All are likely if we understand time to be simultaneous and not divided into past, present, future as it seems to us. We are then all connected to each other, past, present, (future?) all mankind share a soul that contains our shared memory.
From there it seems quite clear to me that we must br responsible for our own contribution to that memory, that soul. We can choose to live in a way that improves the soul we share, or not - there is a d*** good reason why one should to try to be a good person.
If it were not late at night I wouldn't admit to such a Pollyanna thought - but there it is, I've said it.
And then something entirely different - I remember Paula writing about detatchment long, long ago - and detatchment is what I often feel, not from other people, but from myself. I have always felt temporary, not quite, quite real, and PD is certainly contributing to that detatchment.
There is me, the mind, and I happen to reside in this body. My hands learned to make pots, and the memory is in my hands, but they are still seperate, mine but not as ME as my mind.
This sounds rather depressing, but it is not - not at all. I am a jolly old lady, and even my dreams are so funny I wake up laughing. So somehow I must have stumbled into the dreams in the part of our shared soul where the funny memories reside.

ramble ramble
birte
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote