View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 02:11 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I am just pondering what made you decide to give up working. Was it physical symptoms or was it more fatigue related? I've not brought this up with anyone before, and I suppose it may just be the fact that I'm overtired and dreading the fact that I must put in a full day at the office tomorrow. I would appreciate any input you have about your situations. Thank you for your replies. It is much appreciated.

All the best,
Chris
I left the work force mostly because I was unreliable and not very productive.

I couldn't handle noise, and was having a hard time commuting, so they set me up to work from home. This permitted me some flexibility and I worked random hours throughout the day.

Eventually I had difficulty conforming to deadlines, mostly because I was having back to back attacks. They were even kind enough to adapt my workload so that deadlines weren't so critical.

Then came the point where I was really very unproductive and was sleeping most of the day away. It really became to unfair continue to expect a paycheque for what I was actually accomplishing in a day. They STILL let me make this decision for myself though (what a great company, eh?!).

Managing my MS became a full-time job, and I was living only to work (and not doing a good job of that either). That is when I made my decision.

Cherie