View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

There seems to be definite numbness in my shoulder blade, and in my arm pit. (theres also a little numbness on my...ummm...chest area...on that side)

My arm really hurts from the elbow up to my ring finger now.

My dad (a nurse anesthetist) talked to one of his anesthesiologist friends at work and called me back this morning. Told me that the numbness in my shoulder is probably from the cervical area. (crap!)

I'm just waiting for the neuro I saw yesterday to call me back. I'm only slightly panicked right now. I'm sure that if I need to panic, that neuro will tell me.

Edited To Add

Ok, no panicking yet. Talked to the neuro, updated him on the new numbness in the armpit and shoulder. He said that he wants me to wait over the weekend and just make note of anything new, if I have anything worse than numbness start, or if I have new numbness in other areas start, to call them over the weekend.

He said that yesterday, when he looked at me, that his physical findings were that I have tendinitis and that's probably where a lot of the numbness in my hand is coming from. He did say that I could be freaking out a bit, and that's what's causing the other numbness, but that it could be possible that some of it is actual numbness from the MS and it's coincidental that I've got a bunch of MS numbness going on while I have numbness from the tendinitis in my elbow. He said that just because I have MS that I can still have other problems that have nothing to do with the MS...that the tendinitis is a separate thing from the MS.

He told me to relax, and not let my dad freak me out. My dad was freaking because one of his doctor friends was telling me that the numbness was from my neck...I told the neuro about that, and he got upset because he said that the doctor my dad was talking to hadnt seen me or examined me and that he didnt need to be diagnosing me by proxy thru my dad. (struck a nerve there I guess?)

I told the neuro that I didnt sleep well because my arm was uncomfortable, and he said that my being tired could cause some of my MS symptoms to appear. He told me to try to rest and not freak out about stuff. I think once the appointment we have with a worker coming to our house in a little bit is over, I'm going to see if I can get a few more hours of sleep. (only slept about 3hrs this morning)

I think I'm going to go eat some toast, take a couple of advils, wait for that worker to get here, deal with that and then go watch Warehouse 13 on Hulu.com and see if I can take a nap while watching W13. I'm tired.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~

Last edited by Erin524; 09-18-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote