Thread: MS reminders
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 04:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have a lot of problems with my memory and its truly scary when it happens at work. I don't have a complex, multi-lingual job, but I am a secretary/personal assistant for the Sr. Partner in a law firm, so accuracy, etc., is very important.

I go though periods of extreme forgetfulness just like you did, where I completely forget something. Its not like a few years ago (before dx) where I'd forget something, but eventually have a vague recollection and even finally remember more. It's as if someone else did the thing! I can't distinguish if something I do remember happened yesterday, a week ago, or if it really happened all and I am recalling a dream I had!

I can deal with the pain (sort of), and I'll cope with numbness and all the other MS crud, but I HATE the stuff it does to my head!
I use all the memory devices at my disposal: daytimers, calendars, tickler files, computerized reminders, alarms. I have at least 6 note pads on my desk and jot down everything, that way I can always refer back to my notes. Only now I'm finding I don't remember to write things down anymore (LOL-what else can you do!).

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote