View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 09:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
My symptoms are pretty similar. Although I also have a chronic viral infection that contributes to my fatigue and pain. You might also want to look into adrenal fatigue.

I just recently tried the slow release t3 and it did not agree with me. Right now I am using a combo t4 (levoxyl) and T3 (cytomel). Better than just the T4 alone.

The problem with T4 only is that your body may not convert well and if it does not it creates Reverse T3 which can block t3 receptors from getting the real t3 into the cells.

Your body needs good levels of cortisol and ferritin to make sure that it can transport the T3 into the cells.

Oh yes i am well aware. Optimal ferritin and iron levels are necessary for metabolic processes and thyroid hormone function. Cortisol is needed to get the thyroid hormone into the cells if you are low cortisol and you use thyroid hormone the hormone builds up in your blood causing hyper symptoms while your cells remain in a hypometabolic state.

Thats why i'm about do a 4 point saliva test for cortisol while im on Thyroid replacement.
MetalMX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote