Thread: Concussion PCS
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi Raul
Hockey has done a good job giving you some basic thoughts. I want to also stress that the MRI being normal only means that there is no structure damage showing. Honestly this is good, it means that they can't see a serious illness in your future so far. But they don't usually see TBI on a MRI.
Unless you are unconscious like in a coma for weeks. And honestly then
you go through even more than many of us here are going through, or have gone through. I know of a couple of young men that were in this situation,
but I can't honestly tell you that their parents were told that the MRI showed anything. Or the EEG showed something wrong, I'm pretty sure it was the opposite. Especially since after one of the boys, the more severe.
Got out of the hospital, his mom was calling me to see if I knew of anyone
that had been through this experience that she could talk to. I am a parent advocate in Indiana, and have a list of parents in the state. Luckily I could
give her a name of a mom for hopefully some support.

But for your situation, I would say that 2 months is a good start. If you are starting to have good days. Start to chart your good days, see if you can give yourself more. Remember to take it easy when you get home. I did physical therapy because of a brain imbalance, and honestly it was one of the best things I did for my TBI also. I would recommend this to you also.
See if your neuro would send you for some physical therapy, ask that you be allowed to go for focusing and things like this.

One of the other things that really has helped me is a membership in a local fitness club, with a pool. I also have fibromyalgia is the water is very helpful.

But going day by day, taking what time I needed from work. And after finding this places TBI-PCS room and starting to post and helping and getting help was the best for not being alone anymore.

Good luck, and know we are here.

Donna
Dmom3005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-18-2009), Hockey (09-19-2009), RUAL (09-20-2009)