Old 01-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
I go to work and have no friends, I come home and read or get on here and feel lonely. I hopefully will start college on Monday, but what happens if people make fun of me because of my disability? I have thought about suicide because I have no friends, everyone is older than me and they don't want to hang out, and when I probably go to school Monday, I am liable to be made fun of. Sometimes I think suicide is the only way out. I go to church and don't feel right there either. Could someone please become my friend and help me.

Jennifer
We are all trying to be your friends Jennifer. Starting college is a wonderful, challenging and scary time of your life. You'll have all kinds of opportunities to branch out. Yes, it's possible that some fool will make fun of you...it's also possible that you'll make a new friend and love your classes.

Try to look at it as a new beginning. I usually find that if you're fun to be with, others want to be with you.

Someone once asked the great psychologist Karl Menninger, "What should a person do if he feels a nervous breakdown coming on?"

Menninger replied, "Lock the door, go across the street, and do something to help your neighbor."

Sometimes doing something thoughtful for another person can ease our own pain.

Just keep/or maybe start talking to us Jennifer...we'd like to help.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote