View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I already knew that Paxil was dangerous. But, for me, I needed the effect it had on repetitive thoughts that overwhelm my mind.

My brain will get stuck repeating the most mundane things, like a license plate number, a stanza from a song, the spelling of a word. The repetition can last for hours or even days. I may be able to stop it momentarily but it will return. It is an exhausting symptom.

The Paxil works at the 60 mg per day dose but it can be brutal with side effects.

An alternative is L-Tryptophan and other precursors to whatever neurotransmitter is out of whack.

There are other SSRI's and SNRI's that can be helpful but I have never found a physician who will work with me to find a better solution. Back when I went on Paxil, my psych wanted to use L-Tryptophan but it had been blocked by the FDA because of a bad batch that caused some deaths.

It is back on the market now, but I want a physician to help me. The withdrawal from Paxil can be very dangerous. It should never be done without the support and supervision of a knowledgeable psychiatrist.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote