Thread: My coffee cup
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 10:07 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default My coffee cup

I'm sitting at the kitchen table contemplating my coffee cup. I don't specifically remember what it used to say but I can make out a very faded I and A from the word MICHIGAN. It used to have a blue M on it and I think it said GO BLUE.

I think it also used to say Red Lobster or some other restaurant on it at one time...

The thing looks like it's been sitting in a smokehouse. Wierd coffee stains all over it. Some areas look like it's been sandpapered. The stains suggest the cup's cracked but it always comes out of the dishwasher whole. The part I sip on is dark brown. The part of the handle where my left thumb invariably rests when I pick it up is extremely worn.

I've been drinking out of this cup for over 30 years. 2 countries, 5 states, 4 houses, a college dorm room, several apartments...

Should I give in to my wife's disgusting scowl and retire it?

Or should I keep drinking it until the MICHIGAN WOLVERINES WIN ANOTHER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Is it another college football Saturday or what?

Tom

Last edited by freeinhou; 09-19-2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: hit the wrong key
freeinhou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (09-19-2009), braingonebad (09-20-2009), DM (09-19-2009), ewizabeth (09-19-2009), Lady (09-19-2009), SallyC (09-19-2009)