View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Evonne,

The title of your thread really caught my eye. I have been suffering for a number of years with different symptoms and finally was dx'ed in January 2009 with Fibromyalgia.

I would say over the past year and a half I noticed tremors in my hands progressively getting worse. Fine motor skills have gone to heck in a hand basket. I can barely if at all, thread a needle, decorate a cake, anything that takes a steady hand...forget it.

I have noticed at times it is worse than other times. Mornings are my absolute worst times with the tremors. And I have also noticed that I have a hard time standing without leaning and loosing my balance. At times of stress the tremors and balance increase in intensity.

I've been tested for MS and was basically told "if" I have it, it's a very mild case....I tend to think I don't. But I do have 24+ lesions on my brain, none of them indicative of MS, probably more likely from Type II diabetes and migraines.

Never a day goes by that my body doesn't ache. I have the most problems with aching in the lower extremities and knees (oh how the knees hurt!!). But that's not to say that my arms and upper body don't hurt too. I was given Cymbalta and it seems to take the edge off and help with the depression, although as of late, it's not been as effective. Right now I'm attributing that to the change of seasons (which are killing me right now!).

I do get the fibro fog, but I'm not sure that is the same as you are describing "Sometimes my head feels like a have a helmet of numbness on". It feels, oh how do I describe it....hmmmm.....like thick mud inside my brain....slow and hard to think and I seem to get stuck at times. Thank goodness I don't get that too often as I'm a home provider for an individual with developmental disabilities and it would not be good to be so thick too often!

I do hear a cracking sound now and again when I move my head....its at the base of my head and top of my neck. Sometimes it hurts enough when it cracks and it feels hot.

I also have a yes to the flashing lights in my eyes and the twitching all over my body. Some days are worse than others. I also get pins and needles feeling all over as well.

At this point I don't know what to think of all this stuff. I've been sloughed off by the medical community with my symptoms...no one seems to give a rats patooey about looking further into the symptoms I have. They pat me on my head and send me on my way with well wishes and a kick in the butt out the door *sigh*.

I hope you figure out soon what is going on with you. Please keep us updated.....I find this very interesting.

Be well and take good care!
seara
seara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kerryelaine100 (01-16-2013)