View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 04:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Why so many Neuro problems? Connected?

OK, I need some place to share what is going on with me and not be judged, put down or told I am crazy. Everything I put down here has been diagnosed by a variety of doctors. I think there must be a unifying theory for several of them.

How does anyone get such a list of problems?
I have always tried to live health. My doctors have ruled out any psychogenic basis for them--a total of 3 psychiatrists and 2 therapists.

My new neurologist is running a number of tests to confirm and see how extensive some of the diseases are. So, here is goes--I don't want pity, what I really want to get back enough function to work again and be able to adapt and work with my symptoms.

I was told about the Ataxia and Orthostatic hypotension just 8 days ago and the Trigeminal Neuralgia 2 months ago. Right now I feel like a grand piano fell on my head and I am trying to figure out how this all happened.
  • Neurological and other Physical Conditions
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia--started after head trauma
  • Sensory Ataxia, caused by Hypothyroid disease
  • Orthostatic hypotension, a Dysautonomic disease
  • Degenerative Cervical Disc Disease--hereditary
  • Hypothyroid disease--hereditary
  • Fibromyalgia
  • Ear Infections and Ear tubes

Psychiatric Conditions
  • Recurrent Depression--hereditary
  • PTSD

Could there be some common denominator for at least some of these problems? I just don't understand how any one person can end up with so many things wrong. I feel like a freak of nature. In June/July of 2007, I was rappelling and hiking in Australia with 41 students. I thought the balance problems were beat with treatment of ear infections and insertion of ear tubes. Since August 2007, it has been mostly all down hill.

How do I talk to my doctors and make sure I am giving them all the information they need? My head is spinning--literally and metaphorically. How do I cope right now?

Thanks
lifesaver
lifesaver54 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote