View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeinhou View Post
I'm sitting at the kitchen table contemplating my coffee cup. I don't specifically remember what it used to say but I can make out a very faded I and A from the word MICHIGAN. It used to have a blue M on it and I think it said GO BLUE.

I think it also used to say Red Lobster or some other restaurant on it at one time...

The thing looks like it's been sitting in a smokehouse. Wierd coffee stains all over it. Some areas look like it's been sandpapered. The stains suggest the cup's cracked but it always comes out of the dishwasher whole. The part I sip on is dark brown. The part of the handle where my left thumb invariably rests when I pick it up is extremely worn.

I've been drinking out of this cup for over 30 years. 2 countries, 5 states, 4 houses, a college dorm room, several apartments...

Should I give in to my wife's disgusting scowl and retire it?

Or should I keep drinking it until the MICHIGAN WOLVERINES WIN ANOTHER NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Is it another college football Saturday or what?

Tom
Um....you have to keep it until we are in the National Champ game. Then tell her you will get a new one.

Or you could say honey I'll keep it until your buckeyes can beat USC, or beat a #5 top ranked team or better or until OSU wins a national championship. All of those might take longer than Michigan winning a national champ game.

Go Blue!
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (09-19-2009)