View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 08:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default question about mouth and teeth

I havent spoken with my neuro yet about this, simply because Im not sure if MG has anything to do with it.
It happenned several times last night at a family get together and meal, and it bothered me a bit. Enough to move me to post a question here.
Let me be upfront and say right away, I never had great teeth, and have alot of caps and dental work. Im also guilty of never being a great caretaker of my own teeth, so Im sure that comes into play, although my dental hygienest(okay, I also cant spell)told me last year my gums never looked so good.
So while Im speaking lately, or chewing, I notice my teeth seem to click, like my upper jaw is dropping my upper teeth on my lower teeth, and its involuntary, and in the middle of speaking or chewing, I have to take a split second, because sometimes it actually hurts my teeth. That split second clicking of them together, its uncomfortable.
My neuro told me in his professional opinion, having treated so many mg patients, he doesnt think my symptoms will go past ocular, so I wont immediately think this jaw dropping and teeth clicking have anything to do with mg, could even be the mestinon, cause I notice after I take just a quarter of a tablet, sometimes I grit my teeth while doing something strenous, almost grinding them.
I try to ignore it all, and just move on.
This clicking teeth stuff is becoming noticable to me, and last night too noticable.
Anyone ever have this stuff with only ocular version?
(I know it effects all muscles, but Ive never really directly experienced anything I can 100% blame on mg except my eyes)
If this is off base, Im apologize in advance for bringing it up.
Im not being a crybaby, Im just looking for info from anyone that might have had a similar experience. (or reaction to mestinon)
allen L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (09-20-2009)