View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 10:46 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Hi Mrs D...

Sorry - should have been more specific..... after I had surgery in October they thought I had C-Diff again - but after a couple of weeks dia. stopped and hasnt come back....

I had seen the nutritionalist just before surgery to try to both cut my constant nausea by lowering fat intake (and since only on liquids drinking lowest fat Ensure I can - which is 6gm/can) which at same time gain weight... I'm lacotse intolerant so no ice cream - etc... so the nutritionalist wanted me to try Beneprotein in juice - I just felt more nauseus with the juice....... she also suggested Carnation Instant Breakfast with soy milk - but again, same with the nausea (although yummy)....

I then tried the flax seed in the Ensure - but my lower intestines got very swollen and sore (not gas - just feel swollen) - (nausea about the same) ... so my lastest endevor was the protein powder in just bullioin cube broth - (I cant even drink the liquid low fat chicken broth, it tastes great but then I'm up all night sick - but can usually tolerate the boullion broth with no problem - of course it has no nutritional value) - the buillion is easier to tolerate.... going down was fine (just minimal nausea at first, and gained 5 lbs in two weeks - which was awesome) - but, lower intestions starting getting very very sore, and swollen - and just to test, stopped the powder and after a couple of days I'm back to normal pain and swelling is gone....... also tried a pro-biotic for a couple of days - felt my my guts were going to explode!

I know it takes your intestines a long time to adjust to any change - but this is getting scary because a permanent "J" tube (not "G" tube) (complete with IV is my last choice cause of infection, complicaitons, etc... I already have so many other health issues).... I know the protein powder helps me gain - the kind I was drinking - Beneprotein - I'm looking at the can - dont see ingredients other then Whey Protein Isolate (then it says Milk - could this be part of the problem) and also listed as ingredient soy lecthin)... I will give them (Novartis) a call tommorow and ask about the maltodextrin...

I really appreciate your help - who ever thought trying to eat and gain would be work?????? (I dont have an eating disorder and in fact LOVED to eat before I got the autonomic symtoms) - this is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for any help

Last edited by BEGLET; 01-07-2007 at 12:27 PM.
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote