View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 10:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey,

I'm kinda an overly cautious person, so I would probably want to go back to the neuro. to have it done...

When I had the treatment done, I did not have a reaction during it other than being extremely sleepy from the benedryl...

However, the day after my last treatment (and I only had two treatments), I developed a extremely bad headache...A week after the last treatment, I developed a very very mild rash on some of my fingers and the palms of my hands...I forgot what this rash is called, but it comes about from IViG sometimes...It went away after about a month...Didn't really cause any symptoms other than being noticeable to me...

I had IViG again this week (starting Monday)...I only took 1-benedryl this time for each treatment along with the two tylenols, I drank a lot of water the day before, the day of, the next day, and so on until today....I only developed a very mild headache on the last night of the treatment...I took two migraine tylenols and was fine...I'm continuing to drink a lot of water...Make sure that you do this...It's very important! The reason I took less benedryl this time is because I'm already on prednisone, and the benedryl caused me to pass out during the treatment which prevented me from drinking water...I was asleep for about 5-hours...I think that this is why i developed the headache...If you fall asleep, ask the nurse to wake you up often to drink water...

I wish you lots of luck with your treatment...You're having this done in prep. for thymectomy? Usually they do a plasma exchange prior to thymectomy...That's kinda unusual!

Anyway, good luck!
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote