View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 11:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Cherokee,
It sounds to me like they really don't want you to take the position. The big boss would be "Put Out" by any words like, "Sorry, I can' do that weekend stuff for you."

They have ways of talking you out of taking positions that they don't want to have someone in, that is not fully able to complete, on demand. Then they make it sound like it would be in YOUR best interest not to take it. That is the impression I get.

I was in a similar position, it was the stress that made my job get harder and harder and double the work load. They knew I had MS but would/could not accommodate my hours, or my asking for a part-time person to assist me.

When I first started the job I had a part-time person to help. But trying to work well and do my best, they let that position stay empty when my assistant left on maternity leave and did not come back.

They said my job needed X amount of hours and they had no better explanation. They refused to add back another assistant for me. I know that the ADA would have something to say, but I wasn't about to go that route either.

Once you get on the head person's bad side, for any reason, they make life miserable in the work place for you. I have seen it done to others that had to quit because of the demands they put on them. It is so unfair.

I am sorry to hear that you have to be put in such a lousy situation at work just to do your job, and do it well. I wish you good luck in whatever you decide to do.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FinLady (09-20-2009), MSCherokee (09-21-2009), SallyC (09-20-2009)