View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 11:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraGTimes View Post
Thanks so much for writing back, also. I am still waiting for the official diagnosis, results of the lumbar puncture and spine/neck MRI should be back today but my MD is off until Monday, so a weekend of waiting (and worry) is ahead. I am getting a second opinion as well, which is already scheduled, but I feel like the Dr. I am seeing just wants to treat symptoms at this point, he has admitted this is not something he has seen often and the progression has been very fast in the last few weeks. I am just waiting for the offical diagnosis. What other tests were run and led to your diagnosis? Mine started with just the weird sensations and falling asleep feelings but its rapidly gotten life disrupting. Does yours get a lot worse at night? Dropping things? Have you had much motor involvement or just sensory? Sorry for the barrage of questions, its a rare thing and nobody that I talk to has heard of this. I work in OB/GYN and even the MD's I work with are completely unaware of this. Thanks for your time, I will let you know what treatments and official diagnosis they hand me.
Hope you're doing well.
Laura

Hi Laura,
Mine was very slowly progressive. I was in my mid 40's when I was diagnosed. You are very young to have this diagnosis as it is usually the diagnosis of men in their 60's & 70's. I will be very interested in hearing what your official diagnosis is. I know that waiting is very difficult - hang in there! NancyKay

Last edited by NancyKay; 09-19-2009 at 11:56 PM. Reason: had previously given this information
NancyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote