15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by concussionkate View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm a 29 year old, married, mother of 2. I was diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome about 3 months ago. I fell and hit my head and have not gotten over the symptoms since. I wake up every morning feeling like I haven't slept at all. I have a headache, nausea, dizziness, unsteadiness, and a lack of focus. All of these symptoms become worse with increased activity. I get irritated and frustrated easily. I have had every test under the sun: CT with and without contrast, MRI, EEG, ABG, Xrays, bloodwork, and they have all come out negative.

I see a neurologist every 2-3 weeks and he tries to treat some of my symptoms with new meds every time i see him. I started Nuvigil yesterday to try and combat my fatigue. I am also taking an antidepressant at night for sleep, Amitryptyline, and I take Treximet when my headaches become migraines (3-4 times a week when I overdo it). My neuro tried putting me on Topamax to try and prevent the migraines, but it made me so tired that couldn't move off the couch.

The Treximet works fantastically, and I have gotten used to the side effects (feeling like I'm having a heart attack). It's great to know that if I do get a migraine, I can at least treat it effectively. It's all the other symptoms that are tough. I am not able to drive or work, and feel quite cut off from the world.

I could use some support from people who understand what I'm going through. My husband is wonderful, but there is no way he can really understand what's going on.

I'm also struggling, because about a month ago I had an episode where my left leg and arm became very weak and heavy. I went to the hospital thinking it was a stroke, and ended up also having issues with having to breathe manually. I was not breathing automatically, so every time I would fall asleep, I would stop breathing and they would wake me up before my pulse stopped. After 3 days, all my symptoms were gone. I was discharged with no answers.

I know 3 months isn't really that long to be struggling with something, but I am normally a very active person. My kids are 5 and 7 years old and it's tough to keep saying, "Mommy's too tired". Thanks for listening!
thanks to mrsD for the balanced reply

I have quoted the original post here, as we would appreciate please if the topic could now stay on track. If members disagree with one another to the point where it becomes a back and forth that really doesnt advance the discussion, but instead detracts from the useful information, then we request that those members disagree politely! in PM and let the discussion here move forward.

I have removed 2 posts and hope the discussion can now return to mutual exchange of information without argument

thanks

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote