Thread: need help
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 10:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default my input

for me high stress was working at graveyard 12 midnite to 8 am with mean people. i once fell asleep and continued to do my job while sleepwalking. not good.

my advice, if wanting to keep licence, reduce stress and keep away from doctors. mine was misdiagnosed as epilepsy. i lost my licence for 6 months for a condition i did not even have. this increased my stress and symptoms and made my family stressed out too.

drugs they put me on to sleep kept me awake. i did much better on my own away from life wrecking doctors. i still have problems sleeping. what helps me is to put on a dvd and let that lull me to sleep, with a timer to turn off the tv after 120 minutes. doctors tell ypu not to do this. i just ignore them. because what they offer would cause me to fall asleep at the wheel and wreck the lives of people i hit. some things are just no brainers to me but doctors continue to preach the cookie cutter approach to medicine.

for me 5 hrs is a lot of sleep. i wish it could be more but i am horrified when it is less, because i am not in a position to be able to call in sick when this happens.
tied is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote