Thread: Prednisone
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 12:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Shari!

Forgot something......the pred made me feel better IMMEDIATELY! Granted it was prolly b/c I was also receiving MASSIVE amounts of IV IG and fluids, but really and truly the very next day my speech problems were gone! *poof*!

Hope this finds you strong and happy!

Love,
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shari_W View Post
Thanks Lizzie,
Everything you mentioned is the reason why I am trying to do everything in my power not to begin prednisone therapy. I tend to have a bad MG flare up every four years or so but am really baffled as to why I had this one considering that my treatment plan for MG for the past 4 years has been pretty aggressive. We have increased my cellcept dosage from 2000 mg to 2500 mg daily and now have bumped my IVIG back to once a month instead of every 6 weeks. I also have increased my mestinon dosage a little as well.
It's been a couple of months now since my MG symptoms have come back and they are still hanging around so I guess I am just a little impatient about getting them under control again I tried a different IVIG brand the last couple of times and I am going back to the one I had before. The new brand left me feeling worse with side effects than my old one and it doesn't apppear to be giving me the benefits that I used to get. But prednisone really scares me because of everything you said.

I can say this, the intensity of my weakness is not nearly as bad as it was a couple of months ago so maybe I just need to relax and not worry about it so much. My husband keeps telling me to take it one day at a time as I have done in the past. I guess I just got spoiled to feeling "normal" for so long that it is hard for me to adjust to feeling like this again. I am still not as bad as many others who post on here so I am really thinking long and hard about the prednisone therapy.

I just want to get back to being able to do things with my husband and kids instead of being afraid to do anything because it might make my MG worse. I am not living right now, just merely existing.