Thread: Pcs?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 02:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Maybe check this out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex123 View Post
Does anyone have or has anyone had any of these symptoms with PCS?

*Constant aching/burning pain on top of the head (sometimes feels like a stabbing pain)
*Sore spots on scalp
*Facial pain
*Tooth pain/gum pain (my front tooth hurts)

These are the symptoms I currently have. I was hit in the nose in mid June. I didn't lose consciousness. It just hurt and my eyes watered. I have been diagnosed with PCS. The Neurologist has prescribed me Nortriptyline. I've been on it for 4 weeks and don't feel much of a change. She increased my dose so I will see if that will help. I did have a CT and it was normal. I feel like something else might be going on with me. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Alex123

Facial pain and some of this other stuff can be symptoms of something called trigeminal neuralgia, which causes really intense pain. There was a story recently about a chronic pain patient with this who was at the point of suicide when he visited Ben Carson, the Neurosurgeon at Johns Hopkins, who diagnosed it and made it go away. Given how many things can go out of whack when you get hit in the head, its just something to consider. Hope this helps.

Gershonb
gershonb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote