View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:00 PM
artist

artist

Hi Rosie,

OMG, that is *quite* a story.

(That little man is supposed to be taking his hat off to you, but he doesn't always remember...)
BTW, I think an RSD Story sticky is a great idea, none of us have much memory with all these meds (or even without the meds ) and it could be a very useful reference section anyway; perhaps if one of the mods reads this, they might like to put that in motion. If not, we'll just ask in a day or two anyway...

Is HMS hypermobility syndrome? If my foggy memory serves, that's where you have (not a disease, it's just what you get born with) very vulnerable joints that break easily, coupled with osteoporosis and often dystonia...if it's not, set me right.

Far as I can see, you need, deserve and are owed a big, huge dollop of luck, because you sure ain't had any in recent years - and all the good things that have happened are things which would have happened anyway if your life had been more "normal"...achieving success through sheer perseverance and hard work, and incredible, extraordinary fortitude, is not luck.

I have a feeling, based on absolutely nothing at all except your totally cheerful attitude that shines through your posts, that 2007 will be YOUR year. (Actually, it's going to be MY year, but you can be next in line ).

I also begin to see that you could be quite the candidate for DBS; it can do real magic tricks - has, in fact, for one of my Parkinson's friends - scary, I know, but it could radically alter your quality of life, with a bit of luck.

Which brings me round full circle, I have a theory that life measures out the good and bad in periods of years; you have had some truly terrible years, now it's time for payback. I shall strike my beautiful flat Burmese bell 3 times and invoke some good spirits for you. I'm in no way religious, but it seems to do the trick - makes me feel better, anyway, no bad thing .

Thank you very much for such a moving and honest account; heartbreaking and awe-inspiring at the same time, and I know how hard it is for you to write on the computer, either in splints or by mouth, that was a heroic effort.

I imagine you're starting the new term - keep those (naughty but nice) boys away from your chair, unless of course it's to push it for you, totally to be encouraged...

Thanks again Rosie, you take *very* good care of yourself!
xx all the best!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote