View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 12:18 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default This week,

Hi All,
Not posted here for quite a while, due to 6 months slog organising a large charity auction in aid of PD research at King's College in London. We raised just on £17,000 (about $31,000). One of the items donated was a 2 week holiday for 4 to 6 people at a villa in Crete. When it came "under the hammer, the auctioneer asked for an opening bid of £500. There was deathly silence, and when no-one bid, I thought I had better start the bidding, so I bid the £500. I hoped that would spark off the bidding, but it was silent again.
The auctioneer then asked for a bid of £510 Again no-one bid so for a joke I bid the £510, even though I was bidding against myself. So, I ended up with a 2 week holiday in May in Crete.
We had not booked any holidays this year, you never know how much you will progress and whether you can enjoy it. However, I felt great last week, and while we were in Canterbury, we popped into a travel agent and booked there and then for 16 days in Tahiti. We go on 8th March.
Only one problem this week, my computer hard disc seized up, and I had to buy a new system. At least I now have a 19 inch flat screen and a DVD rewwriter, so it did me a good turn anyway.
Ron
Ronhutton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote