View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 03:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post new to site w/ tos

Hi to everyone,
I'm F/47, dx tos late jan 09, had rib removed May 7th.
otobponca, I'm so glad to hear your postive results from your surgery!
Mine have not been so successful. I was in the hospital for 5 days went home, noticed my incicsion was not looking happy, went back to doc only to be put back in hospital for another 4 day to get rid of the infection! I still have much swelling, pain and numbness all the way down my arm and my fingers. I still have "pins and needles" and stingers. Now since the surgery, I've a deep cough (which we all know the painful results of those ) and the feeling of an ice pick(or a hot iron) shoved through my chest and out my shoulder blade! My pm says it's just the nerves settling down and it may take a while 6 mo to a year!The surgeon I had, stopped seeing me at the end of May. I told him of my issues and was told that I must be crazy, cuz non of his other patients had those problems
I have nothing left to say to him. I also now have no insurance, no medical or ssi allowed b/c I have a retirement fund, no sdi, no w/c and waiting for an answer from ssdi. I hear it could take years! they'll have to look for me living under a bridge or something by that time
Thanks for listening, I don't know what else to do. PT is too expensive, thinking about maybe finding a good chiro or pt or doc to date, know of any single
Kathy

ps: is there another thread for TOS or is this the one?
thanks